Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Unpopular Blog

It's odd. I don't receive many clicks onto my blog for obvious reasons:

1. I haven't told my friends and family
2. It's my own personal journal
3. I don't think I write about anything that really targets New York City life
4. I'm a weirdo

So, it surprises me when people do come upon my homely website. Looking through the stats, I think they mainly come to my site searching through Google for some of the New York City resturants that I mentioned. I guess I can become more of a food-centric blog and get more visitors but I don't think I want to spend my time writing about food ALL THE TIME. It's fun reading about food and I do peruse a number of food blogs (look at my links on the side! Amateur Gourmet! Chocolate and Zucchini!) but I would rather write about things that are affecting me day by day and food is not usually the major topic.

But I will write about food every now and then. For example, I finally got reservations to Per Se! I will be eating there this Sunday and will write about all the details. I am a little wary about rating expensive highly rated restaurants as I find that most of their food does not live up to the hype and I do not want to disappoint people who are looking forward to eating there. But I pride myself in being honest about stuff like that. If the food does not taste better than your standard fast food fare, I'm going to point that out.

Anyway, I have to say that this blog is such a great place to vent my frustrations about living here. But in reality, I'm not a hater. I work for a nonprofit and I truly believe I should be doing something with my life that would help the city I love get better. I visit my parents every week. And I love dogs and children. You see? I'm not such a bad person. But as I am Korean, my temper is as spicy as Korean food. I think Koreans are known as the "passionate Italians" of the East due to the amount of hot peppers in our food. When I get distressed, I express my disappointment strongly but I usually come to my senses very quickly and then I am a huge pushover. But I'm still a lot to put up with so I have to be grateful for all my friends and family that do put up with me.

I am also kind of shy around new folks so it takes awhile to get accustomed to new habits and surroundings. I think I am just getting acclimated into my blog. I hope to be more direct and entertaining in the future and HOPEFULLY my writing will become better. I think that is another reason why I blog is to practice writing. I read tremendously but I rarely write and I need to work out the kinks on my writing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

12/03/2006 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12/04/2006 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,

I found you on google alright. One of the top notch unpopular blogs, or so they have me believe.

ps. Yours is a keeper.....for now.

8/08/2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Yuko Nagai said...

hi, i'm stopping by to say:
I READ YOUR BLOG!!
;^D

10/17/2007 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
you got a great blog... and it is NOOOT unpopular. Well, besides liking your blog, I do like this web-based chatroom:

http://www.knuddels.com

Unfortunately we need more users so come by and also make our chatroom popular! :P
Knuddels.com - chatting, flirting, gaming. In this chat you will feel immediately welcomed. Becoming a member of the big Knuddels family makes it so enjoyable to discover a variety of hidden features. Making new friends, playing pool or hanging out at the beach - there are so many fun things to do.

7/09/2009 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home